Many TP-Link extender users are frustrated because the LED on their devices is blinking red. Well, worry not because we are here to assist you. In this post, we have mentioned some of the most effective troubleshooting tips that will help you get rid of the red light issue in a matter of minutes. Once the problem solves, you can easily access the TP Link login page. So, wait no more, and continue reading this post.
Fixed: TP-Link WiFi Extender Blinking Red Light Issue
1. Reboot Your TP-Link Extender
The first common way to resolve the issue is to power cycle the extender. Here is how you can do that:
- Disconnect your TP-Link extender from the existing modem.
- Power off your wireless device and remove it from the power socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Thereafter, plug your extender back into the electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Do not forget to reconnect your TP-Link extender to the existing modem.
After restarting your TP-Link wireless extender, check whether you are still experiencing the red light issue. Are you? If yes, keep reading.
2. Check the Power Supply
Chances are that your TP-Link wireless extender is not getting a fluctuation free power supply from the wall socket. That might be happening because the wall socket you are currently using is damaged.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you do one of the following things:
- Get your current wall outlet fixed.
- Plug your TP-Link wireless extender into another wall socket.
Do you still need help to resolve the TP-Link extender red light issue? Well, in that case, move to the next section.
3. Verify the Ethernet Connection
If the Ethernet cable connecting your TP-Link wireless extender and the existing modem is worn out from anywhere, then also you can face the red light issue.
Therefore, either tap up the Ethernet cable you are using right now or consider replacing it with a new one. Or, connect your devices using a wireless source.
4. Connect Your Internet Service Provider
A weak internet connection has can also lead you to the TP-Link extender red light issue. There is a possibility that there is some issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
To confirm the same, it is advised that you reach out to your ISP. Does he agree that the issue is from his end? If he does, ask him to get it fixed so that you can go back to enjoying a blazing-fast internet connection on your WiFi-enabled devices.
5. Perform TP-Link Firmware Update
You can update the firmware of your TP-Link wireless extender to fix the red light issue. If you are not sure about how to update your device, follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Connect your TP-Link extender to the existing modem.
- Download the latest firmware version.
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Launch a web browser.
- In the address of the browser, type the default web address or IP address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the TP-Link extender login page.
- When prompted, input the TP-Link extender default password and username of your TP-Link extender.
- Click Log In.
- Once you are on the main dashboard, click Administration > Firmware Update.
- Click the Browse button.
- Choose File > Open.
- Select Start Upgrade.
In some time, the firmware of your TP-Link wireless extender will get updated to the latest version.
6. Reset Your TP-Link Extender
If even after following the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post, you are not able to get rid of the TP-Link extender red light issue, it is high time to reset TP-Link extender to its factory default settings.
Follow the instructions given below and get to know how to reset your wireless device:
- Look for the Reset button on your TP-Link wireless extender.
- Grab an oil pin and carefully insert it in the Reset hole.
- Wait for some time.
In this way, you will be able to restore your TP-Link wireless extender to the default factory mode.
Note: If you also facing the red light issue with your TP-Link wireless range extender, consider performing TP-Link extender reset to get rid of it.
This was all about the troubleshooting tips to get rid of the TP-Link extender red light issue. We hope that they helped you in fixing the issue you were facing with your wireless device. If to your knowledge, there is any other way through which you can resolve the red light issue, do us know via the comment section.