Do you find it hard to set up your WiFi Extender? There are many users who face a lot of issues setting up the WiFi extender. But we are up with a number of tips on linksys extender setup. Just follow the below article to extract 100% benifits.
Let’s Take out An Overview OF Extender
The extender works on the signals which it receives from the router and exceeds while repeating it. In addition, it is a combination of two points; but there could be a lot of reasons behind the linksys extender not working and why it is taking so much time to set up. Therefore, you no need to worry as we are up with methods to Setup WiFi extender:
WPS Button Easy Setup
First you need to verify that the router and the extender both the devices support the features of WPS.
After a while: Reach the Network menu of your internet to see the capable device if the WPS option is available.
- The first thing to keep in mind to start with this Setup, is you have to see whether both the devices have a WPS button or not as both have to make the setup more compatible.
- Consequently, check the user guide of the devices.
- Now if both the devices have a WPS button then press the button on both at the same time.
- Wait as the router takes about 2 minutes to search the extender.
- The WPS light will start to flash green or blue. If it connects successfully in that time.
The LED Indication guide is also given below. Accordingly check how your connection is formed. As there is a complete guide of LED indicators.
LEDs on the Extender for Setup
Let us know how the extender Startup process works. And the LED light when it starts blinking means the extender is in process to start up.
- WPS LED- If the Light on the WPS button is not on, it means the WPS function is not enabled. Although, if the LED light turns solid blue or as per your router configuration.
- Signal LED- But if the lights are red it clearly indicates the router is way though and not connected. So do not forget to place them at a close proximity.
- Blue Signal Light- Blue is the indicator of appropriatae position and good connection of extender with the WiFi router.
Besides, if the lights are neither appropriate nor the position is well it is an indication of the wireless router not connected.
Login the Page
To configure the settings, get on to the Settings page by applying the web interface. In the meantime, improve the WiFi range of the extender.
- First, You need to connect your PC or mobile phone to the extender network in order to log into the account.
- Then, you need to put the extender into the power supply and turn it on.
- Make sure your Devices should be WiFi enabled & the network setup should be open.
- Ensure to fill the correct SSID of the extender.
- If you want to connect your appliance to the extender network, you will need to use the default SSID Linksys_EXT.
- You have to redirect the login window from the linksys.com login wizard to the web interface in order to login.
- Sign in to the range extender login page.
- The login wizard can also be accessed from the IP address 192.168 1.1.
- Write your extender administration password and username in the login window of the extender.
- Just click on the below login.
- There you go.
Setting Up WiFi Access Point Mode:
- In Access Point Setup, it is essential the extender is near to the router.
- The devices like wireless signals and the distance will definitely depend on the range.
- To broadcast the range signal on all the dead spots, an Ethernet cable should be in connection.
- In case, an Ethernet cable can run the router far from home while attached to the Extender setup that should act as an access point.
Internet Service Provider Is the Criminal
If none of the methods isn’t working then, you should call your ISP as he is making a fool. As, for sure he has shown you big pictures and for giving you misconfigured routers and extenders to make money everyday. So always be aware before planning these devices.
We have given numerous robust techniques and tips to set up the extender. Hope all these tips are helpful in the setup process and to login in the portal of Linksys Velop setup. But if you still found any problem in the setup and having quieries then, you can comment in the below chat box.